0:30 – Get free gifts from Kim, JJ, and Ray — visit www.traderconfessions.com
1:15 – Could you fail at 10 things?
9:16 – JJ on market mechanics and what really moves markets
18:00 – Why trading isn’t about who you are
23:24 – The importance of learning the business side of trading
34:55 – Is the derivative market driving the equity market?
38:29 – A question about historic float — JJ’s tips on finding it
41:55 – The advice that people resist
50:00 – Can JJ make sense of the metals market?
51:56 – Self-doubt and trading
1:00:15 – The dangers of being too early in a trade
1:11:30 – Manufacturing short squeezes from the POV of a former market maker
1:17:20 – Identifying short squeezes
1:21:09 – Navigating filings for traders
@VWapTrader1 AKA JJ of Confessions of a Market Maker + Kim Offer Speed Coaching
Don’t miss this recording of a LIVE speed coaching event with @VWapTrader1 AKA JJ of Confessions of a Market Maker + Kim Ann Curtin!
If you’ve never checked out the Confessions of a Market Maker Podcast, please do so right away! It’s a killer podcast co-hosted by JJ, a former market maker has traded billions in dollar volume, and Ray, a trader and pro poker player.
Ray couldn’t join this session — he was at a poker tournament. However, JJ (who you may know by his handle @VWapTrader1) joins Kim to provide speed coaching to listeners in this recording of a live Twitter Space recording.
What To Expect in This Episode
JJ and Kim got a TON of great questions in this session. Here are some of the topics they tackle:
- Fear of failure and how it affects traders. Learn how one trader “failed” at Kim’s homework to “fail at 10 things” — but how it prompted him to think about the right adjustments he needed to make in his trading. Often we attach our value to success and winning — that can create its own problems. It’s all about getting comfortable with your own humanity!
- The importance of understanding what moves markets — not just supply and demand, but who and what is driving that supply and demand. As a former market maker, JJ can speak to the other side of the trade.
- Can traders access historical float? It’s not as easy as you might think! JJ has some tricks for figuring it out, though…
- The advice JJ wishes more people would heed: “don’t get starry-eyed about price action.” JJ talks about why people follow price and why it pays to be “a little bit paranoid” in the current market.
- Self-doubt plagues many traders. Both JJ and Kim weigh in on quieting the “bad wolf” in your head.
- The danger of being too early in a trade. Even if you’re right, things could go terribly wrong. In retail trading, it’s not always about getting a jump on the trade!
- Manufacturing a short squeeze — how does it work? Get the dirt from the POV of a former market maker.
Follow @VWapTrader1 + Confessions of a Market Maker
Plus, don’t miss these FREE GIFTS from Kim, JJ, and Ray!
Love the episode? Here’s more to enjoy:
Disclaimer: All information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute investment, legal, or tax advice, or an offer to buy or sell any security. For full disclosures: www.thewallstreetcoach.com